One of my favorite money-saving tricks is to passively earn money for stuff I already do. While I’m definitely not getting rich using these apps, I’ve earned enough over the past six months to feel like these money-earning apps are worth my time, and maybe yours too.
(Disclaimer: We both earn a little something extra if you sign up with my referral links below. My reviews of these apps, however, have *nothing* to do with that bonus, though.)
- Swagbucks– I probably look up about 30 things a day, and by putting my Swagbucks app where I can see it, I occasionally win Swagbucks, just by searching for things I’m already looking up. I can also use the app to take short surveys and watch videos to earn extra, but just using the app for searches gets me plenty of gift cards. I usually trade them in on Amazon, but they have tons of options available. AND I hold out for the $25 card. It’s less expensive than getting the $3 cards, even though it takes longer. Swagbucks is one of my most reliable ways to earn a little extra. Last year, we got almost all the girls Christmas presents through Swagbucks, and the year before, we got EVERYONE’S gift off Amazon, courtesy of my Swagbucks gift cards. They add up fast.
- Ibotta– Last year I wrote all about how to save money on groceries and I mentioned Ibotta several times. But for a good reason. They send me cash a few times a year, just for buying things I’m already going to buy! With their generic products, I regularly earn a dollar or more back, and then I get extra for participating in challenges with my team and buying non-generic products. My favorite way to save is to combine my Ibotta app with coupons… I’m not a big coupon clipper, but I’ve gotten things free+ money back several times. And who can beat being paid to shop, amirite?
- Shopkick– Oh man. This app is so much fun. It turns shopping into a scavenger hunt, and oftentimes just walking in the store gives you a bonus. I love shopkick and how quickly I’ve been able to earn rewards on it. And with the holiday shopping season right around the corner (stop it. It’s August.), I know they will roll out some extra special offers. They did last year! We regularly go walking through our mall, and Target is my BFF. Sometimes, if I just need to get out of the house, we go on shopkick scavenger hunts through Target/Walmart. As long as I leave my debit card at home, it’s a funny way to earn a little extra. I’m saving up for a BIG Target gift card, which will make Christmas shopping for the kids this year extra fun.
- Reciept Hog– I’ve only had this one a few months, and it’s quickly becoming a fast favorite. Upload any reciept (grocery, clothing, school supplies, restaurant, etc.) and earn points for Amazon or Paypal. The longer you wait to cash out, the better, so I haven’t cashed in yet, but I’m well on my way! Plus, that little pig is adorable. I can’t stand how cute it is.
- Walgreens Rewards– Got a Walgreens reward account? Got a fitness tracker (I have a Fitbit, and I love it!)? Then connect them and walk your way towards a little extra money in your pocket. I earned $10 in about 3 months, just by walking, something I was definitely doing already. I used my first gift card to help stock up my Ultimate Sick Day kit.
These are my five favorites, but I know there are more out there. Anything you use and love? I want to know about it! Every little bit helps, and while these apps aren’t going to make you rich, it’s fun getting a little extra cash in your pocket without too much extra effort. Feels like free money. 🙂
***So I am sure you noticed that some of these suggestions are affiliate links. I only recommend stuff I actually use and enjoy, and signing up with my link means we BOTH get a bonus, which means we both get free money even faster. Isn’t that neat? So sign up for one (or all!) of these links. Time to start saving for Christmas now, so it doesn’t sneak up on you! Thanks for helping support Morning Goodies (and Santa!)***